Delivering a step-change ETRM solution.
Orchestrade is a modern state-of-the-art cloud-based platform, designed collaboratively with one of the world’s leading energy traders, that enhances all aspects of Energy and Environmental Trading and Risk Management.
Orchestrade’s open and highly performant architecture allows businesses to scale and evolve quickly in the everchanging energy landscape, while also delivering a significantly lower cost of implementation, upgrades and ongoing operations.
The speed and volatility of the energy markets present new challenges for participants, but also opportunities for those with the right technology. The need to deliver digital transformation and decarbonisation across the sector adds to the overall complexity faced by organisations.
Orchestrade ETRM removes the barriers to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Click a + below to discover more
Our ETRM platform delivers a powerful suite of tools for the valuation and end-to-end management of physical and virtual Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). Our clients have complete flexibility to:
- Define complex PPA terms from any renewable source
- Define and manage “clickability” including rights, min/max, number of clicks/declicks, spreads, calendar lags, formula switching
- Report exposure and risk
- Differentiate between monthly and final settlement with support for caps, floors and negative prices
- Link and manage GoO certification inventory and PPA lifecycle events
- Manage event based settlement adjustments on variable volume and volume indexed transactions
We also support Virtual Power Plants, and complex formula/basket deals across renewable energy and finance products.
Our architecture provides users with powerful trade data analysis tools including:
- Trade data attributes such as P&L, risk and stress test results are all accessible
- Pivot grid flexibility allowing data to be interrogated and custom reports to be built instantaneously
- Full Excel integration
Our pricing and valuation framework allows complex physical and financial energy products and exotic options to be modelled, captured and valued easily.We provide full support for:
- Gas swing
- PPAs and more
Users can define their own formula-based deals, utilize either Orchestrade’s valuation models or integrate their own.
Our platform fully supports trading, valuation, and management of a wide range of carbon, energy-saving and renewable products including:
- Certificates (GoO, CER, VER, REGO, REC, GDRF etc) across power, gas, emissions and biomethane
- Certificate & inventory management that can be linked to assets, PPAs or trading strategies
Our innovative solution architecture (OrchServer, OTDB & MongoDB) and grid processing is designed to support valuation and analysis (e.g. P&L explained) on very large datasets. Our systems are production tested for over 30,000 delivery forecasts, over a 2.5 year term with hourly granularity and more than 700m price/volume points.
Orchestrade ETRM is designed to meet the increasing need to support high volume, short-term and intraday trading with traditional complex energy product risk management. The platform is designed for real-time valuation of large complex energy portfolios and is proven to support power and gas trading volumes of up to 100,000 trades per day.
Deep energy, financial market and product coverage across physical and financial trading
Gas and power (physical and financial)
- Spot, forward, swap, options, swaptions – future and listed option contracts from major exchanges (EEX, Nasdaq, Polpx, Pegas, Omip, ASX)
- Swing, cross-border transport capacity (including UIOSI/UIOLI processes)
- VPP, PPA – full supply contract management (inc. reforecast of client consumption and P&L explained on reforecast)
- Plant (clean-dark-spark spread)
Certificates (physical and financial)
- EUA and CER auctions and futures (ICE, EEX)
- Spot, forward, option on EUA and CER
- Guarantee of Origin (GoO)
- Energy Savings Certificate (CEE)
- Certificate inventory management
Crude and refined products (financial)
- Forward, swaps, spreads, options, swaptions – futures and listed options from major exchanges (ICE, CME) including cracks and differential spreads
- Swaps, forwards, options on API2, API4, and API5 with management of weekly fixing publications
- Listed futures and options on API2, API4, and API5 traded on ICE and CME
- Swaps, forwards, options on time charter (Capesize, Supramax etc.) and voyage charter (Route Tubarao, Bolivar etc.)
- Listed future contracts on time charter and voyage charter traded on ICE and CME
- Weather energy-contingent derivatives (volume of physically delivered energy indexed on temperature)
- Weather contingent swap products
Cash and financial derivatives
- FX, FX options, interest rate swaps
- Full range of treasury and financial derivative products
- Multi-underlying basket-based forward products (swaps, options, swaptions) allowing development of complex price formulas comprised of energy and financial market components